What We Offer As Your Washington DC Dentist
Your Dentist in Washington DC Providing General & Cosmetic Dentistry Services
At the Washington Center for Cosmetic Dentistry, we’re here to take care of all your oral health needs. Led by Dr.’s Michael R. Pollowitz, DDS, and Sharon F. Brown, DDS, our team covers both general and cosmetic dentistry with skills in all fields of our industry. In addition to our knowledge and experience, we offer state-of-the-art equipment and undergo continuing education to ensure we’re able to provide the best service possible to our patients.
General dentistry includes all the basic elements of your oral health beginning with an initial exam to determine exactly what type of treatments you may need. Your twice-annual cleanings are also part of this branch of our field. We’ll delve below the surface of your teeth and gums using specialized equipment to development a treatment plan specifically for you. Our Washington, DC, general dentistry services include:
- Digital Imaging: As opposed to the antiquated x-ray technology of the past, we use small intraoral cameras to create digital x-rays, reducing your exposure to radiation and giving us a more precise idea of how to best move forward with your treatments. This technique also allows us to more quickly and efficiently share your images with any outside specialists who may need to get involved.
- Fillings: We remove any decayed portions of teeth, as long as enough healthy dental material remains for this to be the most suitable option, and fill the space with tooth-colored resin. Doing so eliminates the pain of a cavity and helps ward off future decay.
- Root Canal Treatment: During this procedure, we remove infected pulp through a small opening in the affected tooth’s crown and fill the gap left behind with material designed to mimic the look and strength of your natural teeth. The root canal procedure is quite similar having a routine filling and can be accomplished usually in one to two visits.
- Crowns: These are artificial caps placed on damaged teeth. They typically accompany root canal procedures, but they can also be implemented before infection and the need for root canal treatment sets in.
- Bridges: Bridges are used when a natural tooth, or teeth, as the case may be, need to be extracted. Artificial teeth are attached to a metal support structure, which then uses the surrounding natural teeth to hold the bridge in place.
- Dentures: These are complete sets of artificial teeth. They’re made by fabricating a metal framework, covering it with gum-colored plastic, and affixing teeth made of resin to the plastic base. We use precision molding and measuring techniques to ensure the best fit possible for your dentures.
- Sealants: As the name indicates, this procedure involves coating your teeth with resin to ward off decay.
These are only the most common procedures our general dentists in Washington, DC, perform. We also offer an array of other options for promoting dental and oral health. Our team is well-versed in maxillofacial treatments for TMS and similar conditions, and we treat gum disease in its various stages. By keeping up-to-date with the latest technology, we can provide far more advanced solutions for your dental issues.
While general dentistry focuses more on the health of your teeth and gums, cosmetic dentistry centers around the appearance of your smile. Of course, in some cases, the two go hand-in-hand. Whether your teeth are broken and damaged or just a little more dingy than you’d like, our Washington DC cosmetic dentists offer a number of ways to transform them, such as:
- Bonding: We apply a bonding liquid to the surface of your teeth followed by a plastic resin. This can be done to restore cracked and chipped teeth, or it can be used to re-sculpt misaligned teeth.
- Inlays and Onlays: Made of gold, silver, resin or porcelain, inlays resemble fillings but provide more strength. Onlays cover more of a tooth’s surface than inlays.
- Veneers: Usually composed of porcelain, veneers are bonded to the front surface of teeth and can cover significant damage as well as slight misalignment and unevenness.
- Whitening: We offer two distinct methods of teeth whitening in Washington, DC for our patients. Our Brite Smile in-office treatment can be done in a single visit, and our take-home bleaching trays are custom fit for maximum effectiveness.
When preparing the surface of your teeth for veneers or other general and cosmetic procedures, we use air abrasion technology. As opposed to the conventional drill to which you’ve probably grown accustomed, air abrasion is much quieter and more gentle on your teeth. It’s a more pleasant experience for our patients and can be more efficient than the alternative.
If you’ve lost some of your natural teeth due to decay or extractions, our Washington, DC, dentists can provide a permanent alternative to bridges and dentures. We surgically insert metal anchors into your jawbone and affix metal rods to them. Once the anchors bond with your jawbones and your gums heal around them, we attach artificial teeth to the rods. You’ll have the same strength and functionality as you had with your natural teeth.
Visit us For All Your Dental Needs
From regular cleanings and fillings to completely transforming your smile with veneers, we can cover all your general and cosmetic needs with the use of our precision dentistry. We also provide preventive measures and treatments for gum disease. For patients who have misaligned teeth, we provide orthodontics in Washington, DC, as well. Many of our teen and adult patients are able to straighten their teeth with Invisalign clear braces rather than the traditional metal versions.
We’re a full-service dental practice skilled in a number of specialty areas. Our team is dedicated to providing the best experience possible for patients through the use of top-of-the-line technology and remaining on the leading edge of the latest developments. We cater to patients of all ages and stand ready to address the issue of dental anxiety should the need arise.
Contact us by phone, email, or through the message form available on our website. If you’d like, you could also request an appointment time that’s convenient for you. Simply fill in the request form we’ve provided to let us know a little more about you and your needs, and we’ll do our best to schedule your visit at your preferred time. Our Washington, DC, dentists look forward to serving you by helping you obtain and maintain a bright, healthy smile.